South Atlantic Water Science Center - North Carolina Office
Current streamflow conditions in North Carolina.
View a detailed map.
- Search for NC Water Sites
- Subscribe to hydrologic alerts
ABOUT THE NC WATER OFFICE
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Additional Sources of Drought Information
- Current Drought News
Current Drought Conditions
- Drought Monitoring (NC Division of Water Resources)
- Drought Indicator Wells (NC Division of Water Resources)
- Drought Monitor - A synthesis of multiple indices, outlooks and news accounts, that represents a consensus of federal and academic scientists.
Drought Monitor for North Carolina
Drought Monitor for the Southeast Region
- Drought Impact Reporter - An interactive web-based mapping tool that compiles and displays state and county level drought impact information from media, government agencies, and the public.
U.S. Geological Survey
- Drought Watch - Map of below normal 7-day average streamflow compared to historical streamflow for the day of the year.
- Month-End Conditions Report for North Carolina - Monthly Precipitation, streamflow, and ground water levels for selected locations in North Carolina.
- FAQ: The Hydrology of Drought
- USGS: Groundwater and Drought - USGS groundwater activities related to drought.
- SIR 2005–5053 - The Drought of 1998–2002 in North Carolina — Precipitation and Hydrologic Conditions
- OFR 93–642 - Drought
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/National Weather Service
- Climate Prediction Center
- Climate Prediction Center Drought Assessment
- Climate Prediction Center Drought Monitoring - Palmer Drought Severity Index (PDSI) and Crop Moisture Index (CMI)